Thursday, July 23, 2026

What Actually Happens During a Mediumship Reading?

What Actually Happens During a Mediumship Reading?

One of the reasons people feel nervous before their first mediumship reading is because they simply don't know what to expect. They've watched television shows where the medium seems larger than life, delivering dramatic messages one after another while everyone in the audience gasps in amazement. Others have heard stories from friends that sound almost unbelievable. By the time they arrive for their appointment, they're often wondering whether the experience will feel awkward, emotional, or completely unlike anything they've imagined.

In truth, a reading is usually much quieter than people expect.

When we first meet, we spend a few minutes simply talking. I want you to feel comfortable before we begin because I know many people are carrying a mixture of hope, excitement, skepticism, and nervousness all at the same time. Once we settle in, I explain that mediumship is spirit directed. That means I don't choose who comes through first, and I don't ask your loved ones to line up in any particular order. They decide who steps forward.

From that point on, my attention shifts away from our conversation and toward the communicator in spirit.

The first part of every reading is what I consider the foundation. Before anyone can deliver a meaningful message, I want to know exactly who is speaking. Spirit begins sharing pieces of evidence about themselves. They may show me what they looked like, describe their personality, tell me how they were connected to you, or remind you of a memory that only the two of you would understand. Sometimes they'll bring up a hobby they loved, a favorite saying, or even a funny habit that makes you laugh the moment you hear it.

Those details may seem ordinary to anyone listening from the outside, but that's exactly why they're so powerful. Our lives aren't built around extraordinary moments. They're built around thousands of ordinary ones. When I hear someone say, "That's exactly what my dad used to do," or, "No one else could have known that," we begin building confidence that we've identified the right person.

As the evidence continues, I may receive information in several different ways. Sometimes I see pictures in my mind almost like snapshots. Other times I'll hear words or phrases, feel emotions, notice physical sensations that relate to the communicator, or simply have a strong knowing about something they want to share. Every reading unfolds a little differently because every communicator chooses to work differently.

Once the evidence has been established, the reading naturally begins to deepen. Messages often become more personal. Your loved one may acknowledge something happening in your life now, offer reassurance about a concern you've been carrying, apologize for something left unresolved, or simply express the love they weren't always able to put into words while they were here physically.

People often ask if they can ask questions during the reading. Absolutely. While mediumship is spirit directed, there are times when your question naturally fits into the conversation that's unfolding. Sometimes your loved one answers a question before you've even asked it, and those moments can be incredibly moving.

By the time the reading comes to an end, my hope isn't that every mystery about life after death has been solved. It's much simpler than that. I hope you've experienced enough evidence to recognize the person who came through, enough of their personality to feel their presence, and enough of their love to leave knowing that while death changed your relationship, it didn't end it.

Every reading is different because every relationship is different. That's one of the things I love most about this work. No two sessions have ever been exactly alike, yet they all remind me of the same beautiful truth. Love has a remarkable way of finding its voice, even after physical death.

If this resonates with you and your ready to schedule a reading please visit https://www.aperfectsoul.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Actually Happens During a Mediumship Reading?

What Actually Happens During a Mediumship Reading? One of the reasons people feel nervous before their first mediumship reading is because t...