The life review is a mirror, not a courtroom
Of all seven stages Edgar Cayce's readings describe in the soul's journey after death, the life review is the one that seems to worry people most. I think it is the word review itself. It sounds like an evaluation, something with a pass or fail attached to it. So when people ask me about it, there is almost always a flicker of nervousness underneath the question, even from people who consider themselves fairly at peace with their lives.
What I have found in this research is that the life review is nothing like what that nervousness expects. According to Cayce, the soul relives its entire life, but not the way we remember things here, mostly from our own point of view. In this review, the soul experiences its life from both sides at once. Its own perspective, and the perspective of everyone its choices touched.
That means a small kindness offered to a stranger on an ordinary day gets felt again, this time from the stranger's side too, the relief or comfort it actually gave them, maybe more than the person ever realized in the moment. It also means a moment of hurt caused to someone else gets felt the same way, honestly and completely, but without cruelty attached to it. The purpose is not to shame the soul. It is to help the soul finally see, with total clarity, what its life meant.
I keep using the word mirror when I think about this stage, because that is what it feels like from everything I have read. A mirror does not punish you for what it shows you. It simply shows you the truth, clearly, so you can do something with it. That is what this review is described as doing. Showing a soul its whole life, including the parts it might have judged harshly here, but held together with compassion rather than condemnation.
If you carry guilt over choices you have made, or worry about how your life will be judged when it ends, I hope this offers something different to hold onto. What waits, according to this teaching, is not a courtroom. It is understanding, and it is far more forgiving than most of us expect to be forgiven.
Want more like this in your inbox? Get one story a week on grief, mediumship, and what I've learned from years of sitting with people who are healing, straight from my writing here on the blog. Join the list ➞
No comments:
Post a Comment