Thursday, August 27, 2026

What Talking to Spirit Actually Feels Like

 

What Talking to Spirit Actually Feels Like

People often ask me what it's actually like when I communicate with someone in spirit during a reading, as though they're expecting me to describe something dramatic, a voice booming from across the room, or a vision appearing before my eyes like a scene from a movie. The honest answer usually surprises them, because it's far quieter than that. (Psst! That's what I thought would happen when I first started my mediumship!)

Most of the time, it feels like thought. Not my own thought exactly, but something that arrives with a different quality to it, a different texture I've learned to recognize after years of doing this work. It might come as an image that pops into my mind unprompted. It might come as a word or phrase that doesn't feel like something I would naturally reach for on my own. Sometimes it's a feeling in my body, a specific kind of discomfort or warmth that corresponds to something the person in spirit is trying to communicate.

I know that might sound underwhelming compared to what people expect from television or movies. But I've come to believe the quietness of it is actually the point. Spirit doesn't need to shout to be heard. It needs a person willing to be still enough to notice something subtle.

That's actually good news for anyone wondering whether they can experience their own connection with a loved one who has passed. You don't need to be a professional medium to notice these things. Many of the people I've worked with over the years describe having similar experiences on their own, long before they ever booked a reading. A thought that felt slightly different from their usual internal chatter. A feeling of closeness that arrived out of nowhere during an ordinary afternoon. A word or memory that surfaced with unusual clarity right when they needed it most.

The challenge most people run into isn't a lack of ability. It's a lack of stillness. Our lives are loud, filled with notifications, obligations, and a constant stream of noise competing for our attention. Spirit communication, in my experience, tends to arrive in the gaps between all of that, the quiet moments most of us rarely allow ourselves to have anymore.

I don't say this to suggest everyone should expect vivid, constant contact with the people they've lost. Some people experience this kind of thing often. Others rarely notice it at all, and that doesn't mean anything about how loved they were or how loved they still are. What I do want people to know is that if you've had a subtle moment like this and wondered whether you imagined it, you very likely didn't. You simply noticed something most of us are too busy to catch.




Many Readers continue Here

Continue Reading? You might also enjoy Why a Medium Doesn't Tell You Everything You Want to Hear, where I talk more about how spirit communication actually unfolds during a reading.

Ready to Experience a Reading? If you're feeling drawn to connect with a loved one in spirit, I'd be honored to work with you.

Book a mediumship reading at www.aperfectsoul.com

Browse More Articles Explore more articles about mediumship, signs from loved ones, grief, dreams, and the afterlife on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Talking to Spirit Actually Feels Like

  What Talking to Spirit Actually Feels Like People often ask me what it's actually like when I communicate with someone in spirit duri...